Today, Desso is commercially active in more than 100 countries and can look back on 80 years of successful performance, having built a reputation as a leading manufacturer of high quality carpet tiles, broadloom and artificial grass pitches. Desso has been active in the Marine industry for over 35 years.
Desso has two factories, a major distribution centre in Europe, as well as specialist customer service centres in Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Australia. Its head office is located in Waalwijk in the Netherlands.
Key milestones in the history of Desso:
- 1930 - Founded in Oss in the Netherlands and Desso established as a producer of woven carpets for both residential and commercial use.
- 1980 - Established artificial grass division.
- 1981 - Merger with Esco, a producer of needle-felt carpets.
- 1993 - Acquired by DLW (Deutsche Linoleum Werke) and removed from the Amsterdam stock exchange.
- 1998 - DLW/Desso taken over by Armstrong World Industries Inc. (NYSE:AWI).
- 2007 - In April, Desso became independent again after the acquisition by the current management board and NPM Capital, a Dutch investment company.
- 2010 - In February, Desso Group acquired the profitable activities of Enia Carpet NL Holding BV.
- 2011 - Majority shareholding purchased by Bencis Capital Partners with the remaining shares still owned by the current management board.
- 2015 - Tarkett Group acquires Desso. Tarkett, a global leader in flooring and sports surfaces solutions, has reached an agreement in principle with Bencis Capital Partners and minority investors to acquire 100% of Desso.